Fairfax Financial Holdings, established in 1985, is a strong international company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange. Its portfolio comprises of dozens of insurance and reinsurance companies that offer various life and non-life insurance policies including business risks insurance.
The insurance and reinsurance division of Fairfax Financial Holdings
Fairfax Financial Holdings is a world leader in insurance and reinsurance services. In 2015, Lloyd’s listed Fairfax as the insurance company with the 5th greatest underwriting capacity of 1.38 billion pounds (approximately 1.76 billion euros).
- In business risks insurance, Fairfax Financial Holdings ranked 8th among US insurance and reinsurance companies.
- The American insurance and reinsurance company Odyssey Re, a member of the Fairfax Financial Holdings family, ranked among the twenty largest non-life reinsurance companies in the world.
- Northbridge, a Canadian member of the Fairfax group, is the fifth largest insurer of business risks on the local market.
- Brit Insurance, a British insurance company is one of Lloyd’s leading insurers.
- Allied World joined the Fairfax group in December 2016.
- Acquisition of AIG operations - LATAM and CEE was completed in 2017.
|Number of member insurance and reinsurance companies||20|
|Number of markets||more than 100|
|Gross written premium||14.4 billion USD|
|Total amount of investments||27.8 billion USD|
|Total number of employees / insured and reinsured||26000 / 9000|