New job position: Senior Actuarial Analystpátek 1. říjen 2021
Colonnade Insurance S.A. (Colonnade) is a company registered in Luxembourg, wholly owned by Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited, established to strategically expand the Fairfax insurance business in Central and Eastern Europe. It operates through branches in Poland, the Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Romania, Slovakia, Hungary and a subsidiary in Ukraine.
Colonnade offers products for both individual and corporate clients and employs over 460 experienced specialists. Colonnade has been operating since 2016 and is constantly expanding its activities.
We are currently recruiting for the position of:
Senior Actuarial Analyst
Work location: Prague
Your tasks will include:
- Pricing and Business Planning Participation in development, recalibration and documentation of actuarial pricing models in line with agreed Group plan.
- Performance monitoring of existing products.
- Automation of existing actuarial reporting tools and creation of new ones using analytical tools (e.g. Power BI, R, Python)
- Detailed segmentation analysis on relevant classes to identify areas of outperformance/underperformance and help inform underwriting decisions.
- Providing actuarial support for the business plans.
- To undertake the quarterly reserving study for the branches using appropriate actuarial techniques to calculate the best estimate of reserves.
- Identify classes for targeted review, focusing on the key areas and ensuring an appropriate level of involvement and an input from all key stakeholders. To present an outcome of the review to senior management as required.
- Participation in the process of calculating the capital requirement (SCR) based on Solvency II in line with agreed timetable.
- Leading of specific areas of SCR calculation as required.
- To provide contribution to Group wide projects relating to pricing, reserving or capital and any strategic initiatives (as required).
- Obtained a numerate master’s degree (actuarial science or related subject of study)
- 2+ years relevant insurance market experience.
- Advanced level of MS Excel and VBA.
- Good knowledge of R (and/or Python), SQL and Power BI is an advantage.
- Knowledge of IFRS (especially IFRS 17) is an advantage
- Ability to communicate with both the local and the international branches.
- Fluent in English.
- Actuarial knowledge and working towards becoming a qualified Actuary.
- Ability to effectively manage own time to deliver individual and group wide objectives.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across the Actuarial Function and across other internal departments in the international environment.
What can we offer you?
- Attractive remuneration depending on skills and stable employment
- 5-week vacation + additional 3 sick days
- Meal vouchers without any employee contribution
- Cell phone and laptop for personal use
- Support to obtain an Actuarial certificate at Czech Society of Actuaries
- Rich benefits package (including life, accident and travel insurance, Multisport card)
- Edenred benefits card – you decide what benefit you want
- Contribution to your pension scheme and public transport
- ESOP – can participate after probationary period
- Respect for the work-life balance principle
- Work in an international environment
- Opportunity to improve professional qualifications (participation in courses and training)
- Friendly working atmosphere in an untraditional offices with café and relax zones
- Office in Prague-Pankrác next to the C (“red”) subway
- Possibility to perform work from home during a pandemic and in a hybrid model after its end
If you want to apply for the job, please send your CV (in Czech/Slovak or English) to our HR manager at Hana.Vesela@colonnade.cz